What is laparoscopy and hysteroscopy?Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy Surgery- Diagnostic Laparoscopy may be recommended to look at the outside of the uterus, fallopian tubes, internal pelvic area and ovaries. Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is used to seem inside the uterine cavity. If an abnormal condition is discover during the diagnostic procedure, operative laparoscopy or operative hysteroscopy can often be performed to correct it at the same time, avoiding the requirement for a second surgery. Both operative and diagnostic procedures should be performed by the Doctor with surgical expertise in these areas. Pregnancy require normal anatomy (tubo uterine ovarian peritoneal relationship) and function of reproductive tract.
- Minimal invasive endoscopy- hysteroscopy or laparoscopy can correct / reconstruct the distorted pelvic anatomy.
- But comprehensive assessment of the patient by an infertility consultation is required before proceeding with reproductive surgery.
- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy Surgery provide useful and effective treatment for all women.
- It is an era of both artificial reproductive techniques (IVF and ICSI) and advanced infertility enhancing surgeries (hysteroscopy / laparoscopy).
- Both give marvelous results, but selection of patient should be correct.
Types of laparoscopy and hysteroscopy surgeries:Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy Surgery is the best option for all female. Nature of surgeries- diagnostic and therapeutic
- Tubal reconstructive surgeries
- Intra uterine adhesion
- Fibroid distorting the cavity
- Uterine septum
- Laparoscopic vaginoplasty
When do we prefer laparoscopy over IVF / ICSIGeneral consideration before taking the patient for corrective tubal surgeries are:
- Age of patient, ovarian reserve, site and extent of tubal disease, presence of other infertility factors, semen analysis, of course experience of operating surgeon.
- Ideal patient for tubal surgery- young patient , no other significant infertility factors and tube should appears repairable, like proximal tubal disease, limited flimsy adhesion at the distal end of the tube.
- Our result in completely obliterated uterine cavity due to adhesion (i.e up to 80%- 90% obliterated cavity) are very good.
- We do not suggest 3rd party reproduction but attempts to correct the uterus first.
- Pioneer in correcting anomalies of development of reproductive tract. Successfully done many laparoscopic creation of vagina in many patients.
- Diagnosed and corrected rare anomalies like to Robertson uterus.
Why to choose KJIVF?
- KJIVF is a dedicated one step infertility treatment centre.
- Dedicated endoscopic operation theatre equipped with high definition German camera and state of art endoscopy system.
- Director Kuldeep Jain: he has vast experience and over 30 years in teaching reconstructive surgeries.
- Dr. Maansi Jain: she is trained in Singapore for endoscopic surgeries and she is an adept endoscopic surgeon.
- Here both IVF / ICSI and reconstructive surgeries are available under one roof.
- Meticulous patient selection is done. After clinical examination and dedicated ultrasound. The needed surgeries are offered only when indicated.
- Results of tubal reconstructive surgeries are par excellence – uncountable number of surgeries done till date.