What is Infertility?
Infertility means that there is difficulty in conceiving a child. The problems can arise because of the man’s reproductive system, the woman’s, or a combination of both. Treatment of infertility is challenging. Therefore infertility & ivf experts are required. Furthermore, you’ll have a better understanding of IVF process once you read on.
Types of Infertility
What is Primary Infertility
Many infertile couples have primary infertility, which means they were never able to conceive.
What is Secondary Infertility
Some people however have secondary fertility. Its means they are having trouble conceiving even though they already have children.
Ageing relation with infertility
So how do you know when something’s amiss? The answer depends on how old you are.
For example, imagine a fertile couple in their twenties having regular unprotected sex. Now their chance of conceiving naturally each month is only 20- 25 per cent. This decreases as you age.
While the age of the man is thought to play a role, the medical definition of infertility focuses on the woman.
Those under 35 are advised to seek treatment for infertility if they haven’t become pregnant after 12 months of regular unprotected sex. For those over 35, the threshold is six months instead of 12.
But there are degrees of infertility. Although, cases of total infertility where no eggs or sperm are produced are rare. A vast majority of infertile couples are actually sub fertile. That is, they do produce eggs and sperm. But they still have difficulty in having a baby due to disorders such as hormone imbalances and problems with the reproductive tract.
How is infertility diagnosed ?
How do i know if i have infertility?
Do i need go for ivf process & treatment for infertility ?
Even after 12 months of trying to conceive with unprotected sex if your not able to conceive. One should consult a fertility specialist. Also ask your gynecologist for a referral to a fertility specialist. You and your partner will need to go through a series of tests . The doctor gets clues regarding cause of infertility. Thereby infertility experts forms treatment plan to overcome the problem.
What do i need to tell my infertility doctor?
Firstly, the specialist will look at both your medical histories. For the woman, this includes any previous pregnancies, regularity of periods, painful periods, pelvic pain, infections, or surgery. For the man this will include whether he has fathered children previously, testicular injury, developmental problems, infections, surgery and exposure to certain environmental factors.
Moreover, a physical examination may follow.
What are the tests that doctor might advice?
The doctor might ask you to undergo certain tests which may or may not include:
- Blood tests: A series of tests are usually performed. This helps in knowing if there is a hormonal imbalance. So as to cause your infertility. If that is the case, it be corrected by hormonal supplements. You may also be tested for rubella, blood group, sperm antibodies and sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- Ultrasound examination: This examination will give information on what the ovaries and uterus look like. Your doctor will look at the growth of eggs, the thickness of the lining of the uterus (if thin, it can indicate hormonal problems), the presence of fibroids or polyps on the uterus, as well as signs of endometriosis or ovarian cysts. Surgical laparoscopy may also be used to identify endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
- Semen analysis: A semen sample from the man is required to assess the number of sperm, how well they swim (known as ‘motility’) and their fertilization capacity.
Apart from these certain test and examination maybe added or removed. Since it depends on case to case basis depending on cause of infertility. For example, a diabetic patient needs to be tested for blood glucose . Since uncontrolled blood sugar can lead to infertility. Therefore, blood sugar needed to be corrected before ivf treatment.
What is infertility treatment by IVF process?
IVF (In vitro fertilization) also commonly called as test tube baby. Here, in lab females eggs are fertilized using husband’s sperms. Thereby, embryos are formed. Furthermore, under optimum conditions embryos grow. Once they reach a certain size they are ready for transferring in the mother. Lastly, healthy embryos are transferred into the uterus.
Who all need infertility treatment & ivf process?
- Blocked Tubes/Irreparable damage of the tubes
- Moderate/Severe endometriosis
- Decreased egg reserve
- Nil sperm or low sperm count
- Failed IUI
- Failed Treatment
- Induction failure/PCOS
- Advanced age
- Unexplained infertility
- Absent Uterus
- Prolong infertility
- Recurrent failure
In short IVF can be offered to all patients and may be helpful if other treatments have failed.
What is the IVF Process in INDIA/ Procedure of IVF treatment?
1). Assessment: hormonal evaluation, basic ultrasound, semen analysis, and biochemical screening tests.
2). Controlled ovarian stimulation: By Injectable hormones to harvest more eggs.
3). Egg retrieval(OPU) under conscious sedation.
4). Semen preparation for insemination.
5). Fertilization check.
6). Transfer of 2- 3 good quality embryos into the uterus on D3 Or D5.
7). Confirmation of pregnancy after 15 days.
Length of stay in hospital: No hospitalization required. All procedures on OPD basis and short stay on day of egg retrieval only.
IVF treatment in Delhi, India required what precautions?
- Firstly negligible to no change in daily routine and diet as usual.
- Also, there is no need for rest.
- Although, extra exertion should be avoided.
IVF pregnancy is like a normal pregnancy. Therefore, no need for special care.
How IVF Works?
We help to meet the good quality sperm and egg. Test for quality of egg, sperm and embryos performed. So, we overcome most of the restrictions providing the best environment for an embryo to grow.
What are the results?
- Success rate is 40% – 60%. Depends on the age factors and other causative factors.
- Cumulative pregnancy rate is 60% – 75%.
- Success rate depends from patients to patients.
- All patients with infertility are different. As a result their success rates also differ.
- Restriction of process is that implantation is still not under our control.
Why KJIVF for IVF treatment?
- First IVF center of East Delhi, India – 21 years of quality care.
- Premium and only teaching ART center of East Delhi, Delhi NCR, India.
- IVF Results & success rates at par with the Best in the world.
- Affordable compared with the rest the market we have reasonable ivf costs & pricing.
- Complete transparency is our key concern and through counselling to help you decide the right treatment.
- Certainly good results in poor responders and previous IVF failures also.
- Even in obliterated uterus cavity, we offer corrective surgery and restoration the cavity up to 80%. Therefore, providing good results.
- No batch IVF/ Complete in house expertise. So, further referrals from here.
- Highly trained consultants.
- Ethical practice/No false claims.
- Individualized care and treatment.
- All basic and advanced facilities under one roof.
- Individual protocols to make whole treatment affordable and cost effective.
- Advanced IVF: ICSI, PESA/TESA, PICSI, blastocyst culture, egg/ sperm donation program, vitrification etc. are all available.
Note:- For more information about our services like IUI, ICSI, Test Tube Baby etc then click on KJIVF (Test Tube Baby and laparoscopy center).