Infertility is defined as the failure to achieve the pregnancy after 1 year of unprotected intercourse.
Infertility can be due to problems in females (30%), problems in males (30%), problems in both males and females (20%), and unexplained (20%).
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY IN FEMALE
- FAILURE TO OVULATE
This accounts for 40 % cases of infertility in women. This can result from several causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Premature menopause
- Aging and diminished ovarian reserve
- Hormonal disorders such as hypothyroidism or raised prolactin
- BLOCKED TUBES
Tubal block can be one-sided or both sided and is most often due to infections of the genital tract such as gonorrhoea or chlamydia. Pelvic tuberculosis is also a major cause of the tubal block
Endometriosis occurs when tissue that grows in the lining of uterus implants and grows in other locations. It causes scarring and can block fallopian tubes. This also disturbs the normal relationship of the ovary to tube. It can also cause infertility by damage to sperm and eggs and by preventing implantation.
- STRUCTURAL ABNORMALITIES
Sometimes abnormalities in the uterus or cervix can cause infertility.
- Fibroids – sometimes fibroids can cause infertility by blocking the tubes or interfere with implantation.
- Polyps – may interfere with implantation. However, many women who have fibroids and polyps do become pregnant.
- Uterine abnormalities present from birth, such as an abnormally shaped uterus can cause problems becoming pregnant
- Cervical stenosis or narrowing of the cervix
- Sometimes cervix can’t produce good quality mucus to allow sperms to travel through the cervix into the uterus.
- UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY
Sometimes, the Causes of Infertility in Female is never found.
If you have been married for one year and have been trying regularly to get pregnant without any success you should consult our fertility experts at KJIVF and Laparoscopy Centre, Delhi. It’s one of the Best IVF Centres in Delhi and provides you with low-cost IVF options.
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY IN MALE
These may include:
- Abnormal Sperm Production or Function
- Undescended testicles
- Genetic defects
- Infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea, mumps or HIV.
- Enlarged veins in the testicles also known as Varicocoele can also affect the quality of sperms
- Problems with the delivery of pserms
- Sexual problems , such as premature ejaculation
- Structural problems , such as blockage in the testicle
- Damage or injury to the reproductive organs
- Genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis
- Overexposure to certain environmental factors
- Exposure to certain chemicals such as pesticides and radiation
- Cigarette smoking
- Ananbolic steroids
- Medication for high Blood Pressure and Depression
- Frequent exposure to heat can raise body temperature and may affect sperm production
- Cancer Treatment
Radiation or chemotherapy can impair sperm production severely
If you have been trying to achieve pregnancy with regular and unprotected intercourse since one years and have failed in doing so, you must consult a fertility expert. Fertility experts at KJIVF and Laparoscopy Centre, Delhi, can guide you and help you achieve pregnancy. This is one of the best IVF centers of Delhi and provides you with low-cost IVF options. Call now for more info: +9196507 25386, +91 011 22503927.